Community Fire Jam, coming in hot!
*Read ALL the info here if you plan to burn — Everyone who plans to burn will need to register with us 8 days prior to the event!*
Location: Magnuson Park, in the parking lot in front of the Hangar 30 Building
Directions: Enter the park from the Sand Point & 65th St. entrance (the main entrance on 74th is currently closed), take the first left into the park and continue straight until you have to choose a direction – turn right here! You’ll be able to see us in a parking lot on your left. For Google maps, enter “Magnuson Park Hangar 30.”
This is a pay-what-you-can/free event. Donations are deeply appreciated and help keep our flame burning.
Suggested donation is $10-20. Payments can be sent via PayPal at https://paypal.me/seattleflowarts, via our donation page at www.seattleflowarts.org/donate, or in person using Venmo or cash.
All are welcome (and encouraged!) to come watch and bring LED/day props to play with!
TO SPIN FIRE:
- Register in advance: *Make sure you fill out this Google form 8 DAYS before the event!* That means midnight on Wednesday the 25th. This is required by the Fire Department for our permit so there is no wiggle room! We can’t let you spin if you don’t sign up! (Link here, too!)
- Orientation: We’ll have a *required* safety and annual event orientation for every spinner. If you completed this last time, you don’t need to do it again. We’ll host 2 sessions at this event, one at 7:00 and the other at 8:30. Arrive as early as 6:30 to check in!
- Volunteer: We need your help to keep the show running! When you sign up to spin, you’ll be asked to pick a short volunteer shift with either the Sign-in Desk, Fuel Depot, Safety, or Set-up/Tear-down Crew. This also gives you a chance to get training if you want to become a regular part of our team!
- Dress to Impress… and not catch on fire: Make sure to wear natural fibers or fire treated clothing. Cotton, leather, & denim are all safe bets. Leave the synthetics, feathers, and fur at home. Spin barefoot at your own risk!
COVID safety guidelines are listed below:
– Masks are required while checking in at the front desk, standing in line for fuel, and while in the fuel depot. *Don’t forget to take any flammable/non-fire resistant masks OFF before you light up!*
– Maintain a distance of about 6 feet from people who aren’t part of your household.
– Please stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID or have been recently exposed to someone who is sick.
– Use hand sanitizer and sanitize props between use if sharing (we’ll provide sanitizer).
– Be mindful of people’s various comfort zones and vaccine statuses by asking about people’s boundaries – especially before hugging or touching others.