It’s Spin Jam time – DIY style!
In an effort to provide more community space and time for making shapes with friends, we’re increasing Spin Jam to once every week for the rest of the summer!
HOWEVER! Our longtime and steadfast host (Thank you, Solenne!) is only able to host on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month. The “DIY” Spin Jam series won’t have an official host, so if you’ve got a speaker, bring it along! If you feel called to volunteer to hold down the fort (i.e. Be at the park on time, Bring music and a speaker, and Welcome folks to the jam), let us know!
*Be the Spin Jam you want to see in the world*
Spin Jam is an open practice and play session and is the longest running flow jam in Seattle. Come and bring any and all props you like to spin or juggle. All props, skill levels and movement modalities are encouraged and welcome! We’ll supply music, friendly faces, and a large open space to practice in.
**Masks not required for this outdoor event – please respect the personal bubbles of other folks!**
Location Info: Find Spin Jam near the center of Volunteer Park at the top of the hill overlooking the amphitheater.
There’s no cost to attend this event but community donations help keep us spinning! Suggested donation is $5.
– Masks are not required to attend this event, but are encouraged and supported.
– Maintain a distance of about 6 feet from people who aren’t part of your household.
– Please stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID or have been recently exposed to someone who is sick.
– Use hand sanitizer and sanitize props between use if sharing (we’ll provide sanitizer).
– Be mindful of people’s various comfort zones and vaccine statuses by asking about people’s boundaries – especially before hugging or touching others.
Spin Jam is a program operated by Seattle Flow Arts Collective. For more information about who we are and what we do, find us on Facebook or visit our website at www.seattleflowarts.org.