- This event has passed.
FlowShop: Club Juggling Nuggets with Andrew Young
October 4, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
FlowShop is thrilled to present our very first in-person workshop since early 2020!! Join us for:
** Club Juggling Nuggets with Andrew Young **
Andrew has been juggling for 8 years but playing with props for 14. He is currently a full time street performing juggler and a director for Seattle Juggling Festival.
Come and learn some new club manipulations and patterns that Andrew has found over the last year. This class will be fun for ALL LEVELS of juggling be a challenging yet fun exploration of playing with your clubs.
Class starts shortly after 6:30 and will last until about 8:00. Once the workshop ends, we will transition to an open jam until 9:00!
*If you don’t plan to attend the workshop, please wait until ~7:45pm until arriving so as not to distract from the workshop.
Workshop cost is on a sliding scale/pay-what-you-can basis. Suggested donation is $10-35.
Interested in teaching a workshop? Fill out our application here: https://forms.gle/RA7428Nb8ZZZgZ5G7
Please be sure to wear a well fitting mask when you come to FlowShop!
Thanks for helping us keep our community safe and accessible to all. We will have extra masks for folks if you forget.
What should I expect at FlowShop?
Friendly faces and welcoming spaces. Open jams are an unstructured time to come together and practice flow arts while building connections and community. Many love teaching. All props, skill levels and movement modalities are encouraged and welcome!
Don’t have a prop of your own? Post to the event and we can bring some props from our community prop library!
How To Find Us at the Phinney Ridge Community Center: Navigate to the Lower Parking Lot and enter the brick building at the doorway at the bottom of the stairs. Once inside, go down the stairs and to the left.
Accessibility: There is a street entrance to the studio space that does not require stairs on Daytona Ave. Enter the double doors of the brick building and turn immediately to your right.
Donations keep us spinning! We believe in creating spaces that are financially accessible and also believe that artists deserve to be paid. Your donation to FlowShop helps support fair wages for working artists and covers the cost of renting the space.
Suggested cost for workshops is $10-35.
Donate to SFAC:
* @seattleflowarts on Venmo
– Masks are required and will be available at the entry way for anyone who needs one.
– Maintain a distance of about 6 feet from people who aren’t part of your household.
– Please stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID or have been recently exposed to someone who is sick.
– Use hand sanitizer and sanitize props between use if sharing (we’ll provide sanitizer).
– Be mindful of people’s various comfort zones by asking about people’s boundaries – especially before hugging or touching others.
– We keep windows at the venue open to help increase air ventilation inside of the space.