Join us every Tuesday for FlowShop – We bring the space, you make the shapes!
This week we’re going on a field trip to Southgate Roller Rink! This means we will NOT be meeting at Phinney Neighborhood Association, but will be back there next week!
The Tuesday skate session starts at 8:30pm and costs $10, plus $5 for skate rental if needed. Please be respectful and above all SAFE – this is not an official flow event and while we have seen (and played with) props on the skate floor, we don’t want to be a nuisance or send runaway juggling balls in the path of other skaters.
**Please be sure to read the entire event page for updates to our COVID policy**
FlowShop hosts both workshops and “open jam” style events for movement artists of all sorts to come together for communal practice and play. This week we’ll be hosting an open jam.
Interested in teaching a workshop? Fill out our application here: https://forms.gle/RA7428Nb8ZZZgZ5G7
We want to extend a HUGE thank you to ArtsWA, the National Endowment for the Arts, and 4Culture. Each of these organizations has contributed grant funding to help keep our programs alive – we are so grateful!
What should I expect at FlowShop?
Friendly faces and welcoming spaces. Open jams are an unstructured time to come together and practice flow arts while building connections and community. Many love teaching. All props, skill levels and movement modalities are encouraged and welcome!
Don’t have a prop of your own? We always have extra props available!
How to find us at PNA: Navigate to the Lower Parking Lot and enter the brick building through the doorway at the bottom of the stairs. Once inside, go down the stairs and to the left.
Accessibility: There is a street entrance to the studio space that does not require stairs on Daytona Ave. Enter the double doors of the brick building and turn immediately to your right.
Donations keep us spinning! We believe in creating spaces that are financially accessible and also believe that artists deserve to be paid. Your donation to FlowShop helps support fair wages for working artists and covers the cost of renting the space.
This event is free to attend, but donations are appreciated! Suggested cost for open jams is $5.
Donate to SFAC:
* @seattleflowarts on Venmo
– Masks are NOT required but are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED at this event. There will be extra masks available for use.
– Please stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID or have been recently exposed to someone who is sick. If you have recently attended a large, indoor gathering, please consider skipping a week of FlowShop or taking an at home test before coming.
– Be mindful of people’s physical boundaries by asking about said boundaries – especially before hugging or touching others.
– We keep windows at the venue open to help increase air ventilation in the space.