The darkness of winter brings with it the opportunity for each of us to turn in to ourselves, our loved ones, and that which we hope to tend to. Even gardens do important work in the winter.
We hope you’ll join us in honoring the winter solstice this year at the last Community Fire Jam in 2021. Fire spinners of all skill levels are encouraged to attend, as are those who don’t plan to spin fire but would like to watch and/or play with LED or day props.
*Read ALL the info here if you plan to burn — Everyone who plans to burn will need to register with us 8 days prior to the event!*
Location: Gas Works Park, in the covered area near the restrooms (permits pending – this may change)
Please donate to help support the future of this event! We believe artistic expression should be available to all, which is why all of the events we produce are donation based and free to attend. That said, each fire jam we produce costs between $350-700+. Seattle Flow Arts Collective is a nonprofit that runs solely on donations from our community. Your financial support is deeply appreciated and helps us keep these events going.
Suggested donation is $10-35. Payments can be sent via PayPal at https://paypal.me/seattleflowarts, via our donation page at www.seattleflowarts.org/donate, or in person using Venmo or cash.
TO SPIN FIRE:
- Register in advance: *Make sure you fill out this Google form 8 DAYS before the event!* That means midnight on Friday the 10th of December. This is required by the Fire Department for our permit so there is no wiggle room! We can’t let you spin if you don’t sign up! (Link here, too!)
- Orientation: We ask that everyone who burns completes our fire safety & event orientation once per calendar year. We host an orientation twice at each event, at 7:00 and 8:30. If you completed orientation previously you do not need to do so again until 2022. Arrive as early as 6:30 to check in!
- Volunteer: We need your help to keep the show running! When you sign up to spin, you’ll be asked to pick a short volunteer shift with either the Sign-in Desk, Fuel Depot, Safety, or Set-up/Tear-down Crew. This also gives you a chance to get training if you want to become a regular part of our team!
- Dress to Impress… and not catch on fire: Make sure to wear natural fibers or fire treated clothing. Cotton, leather, & denim are all safe bets. Leave the synthetics, feathers, and fur at home. Spin barefoot at your own risk!
COVID safety guidelines are listed below:
– Masks are required while checking in at the front desk, standing in line for fuel, and while in the fuel depot. *Don’t forget to take any flammable/non-fire resistant masks OFF before you light up!*
– Maintain a distance of about 6 feet from people who aren’t part of your household.
– Please stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID or have been recently exposed to someone who is sick.
– Use hand sanitizer and sanitize props between use if sharing (we’ll provide sanitizer).
– Be mindful of people’s various comfort zones and vaccine statuses by asking about people’s boundaries – especially before hugging or touching others.